Michelle Ridlen's MU Art Ed Blog

Michelle Ridlen's MU Art Ed Blog
Master's Student ~ Started Summer 2012, Anticipated Graduation December 2014 ~ Tiger for Life! M-I-Z...

Sunday, December 16, 2012

AT: Week 15

My final project proposal was to revolutionize the way visual art is taught in my district. It was suggested this might be too large of an undertaking for this class project. So I scaled back to just outlining a curriculum. You know, biting off just enough to chew. I tried to let go of this idea, I really did. In fact, I set up some experimenting in my room with iPads thinking that would be a perfect tie in to this end of semester project. And although I have done some wonderful things, I am not too sure it counts as a culminating project. And to be honest, I have nooo time to write that detailed of a lesson plan that was wonderfully provided by Kathy and Melissa at this point. Some day! in the future I am using that format, just not today fine people. (If you are curious to see some of that, please join our edmodo group - code da0wy4. url: http://www.edmodo.com/home#/join/83ffba1c8a2e6fb2702d9d226be52335)

So what I want to share with you are my beginning musings on the topic. I started to sketch out a Popplet early on in this course on this topic. I have since been adding to it and thought I would share.


I have also been putting together a Pinterest board recording some of the items from this class I want to remember and archive in my brain as I begin to tackle this Herculean task in the near future.

This idea for a project is actually quite a bit more to me than theoretical. I want to see what I can do to encourage the development of teachers in my district to start thinking for the future. I have the position to make change happen and I want to really make a difference with that. So, this is constantly spinning in my mind. Where would I begin? How could this happen? How do I start other teachers thinking down this path? We don't have to agree on everything (98% would be fine...;) )but a sincere dialogue is what I am wanting.

I think my head is going to continually be spinning with thoughts that originated from this course. I am constantly referring back something I heard or read from our course load and dialogue here.  I would be interested to hear from anyone, everyone how this course continues to change their thinking as time goes on. I feel like I am seriously forever changed by the rabbit hole of thinking this has taken me down. Thanks Muddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment