Michelle Ridlen's MU Art Ed Blog

Michelle Ridlen's MU Art Ed Blog
Master's Student ~ Started Summer 2012, Anticipated Graduation December 2014 ~ Tiger for Life! M-I-Z...

Monday, February 3, 2014

ART: Wk 2- Reflection on Adair's Post

I think that we retreat into an objectivist stance when we aren't as comfortable with the unknown that lays ahead of us, whether that is with classroom management, or lesson planning, or student engagement or whatever. I definitely think that we as teachers are juggling many balls and sometimes we need to feel the solid ground beneath us. As we grow as teachers, it becomes easier to let go because we can rely on experience to steady our feet. I definitely think it is wise to take what you can handle and tackle it a bit at time so as not to feel overwhelmed. The more success you have the braver and bolder you will be about being able to try something new. Maybe balls at first were difficult to juggle but as they get easier to manage you might decide to toss in a flaming baton!

No comments:

Post a Comment