Please find some of my technological dabblings below:
Skype:
I skyped with Amy and she was kind enough to record it. You can see it on her blog here. You can also get a look at my daughter Gigi - she's my little cutie pie.
Screenr:
This is what Amy used to capture our skype conversation. If I was thinking about it (and not how to escape to a quiet room for 5 minutes) I would have recorded our conversation too. Oh well!
What I did use screenr for was a short introduction to my class website / blog. I didn't dive too deep but used it just to give a peek to ridlen.weebly.com. The Screencast can be found here.
Voicethread!
Here is the Voicethread I am thinking about using in class. I would like my students to see each other's Haring Symbol Drawings and comment on at least one offering feedback in a less intimidating critique-like way. I'm thinking of having them use the TAG Review format: T = Tell Something You Like, A = Ask a Question, G = Give a Positive Suggestion. I'm wondering how the use of technology might increase the dialogue. I also fear it might loosen up their manners as well as their lips without having a physical person to talk to.
I've included two versions, the "clean" one that I will use with my students (Haring Voice Thread Critique) and one for us to play with! Feel free to leave comments as if they were for my students, or discussing things more relevant to us as art teachers. This could be fun! Artistic Thinking Haring VT
No comments:
Post a Comment