Michelle Ridlen's MU Art Ed Blog

Michelle Ridlen's MU Art Ed Blog
Master's Student ~ Started Summer 2012, Anticipated Graduation December 2014 ~ Tiger for Life! M-I-Z...

Saturday, October 13, 2012

AT: Week 6 - Technology Bootcamp 3

Organizing and Utilizing Inspiration -
My Inspiration Board: This is an inspiration board for an art work I would like to begin, originally inspired by the connections I am making in my head to the Oscar Wilde novel "The Picture of Dorian Gray" and our consumer culture. It is the beginning of the Pinterest board where I am digitally housing things I see that I am making connections to and using as source material and/or stimulation. 


Dorian Gray Inspiration Board


Visual Thinking - 

Inspiration:
Okay, so I opted for Webspiration instead of Inspiration because it was web-based, accessible from anywhere, and then it wouldn't take up memory on my laptop (which is killing me right now!) So I hope that is okay! Somebody let me know if this looks dramatically different, and I will go back and add Inspiration.
 I started out using it to mind map what I'm thinking in terms of my artistic endeavor. I don't like this. I'm way more visual. This is too linear feeling - too structured. 
Popplet:
So now on to Popplet. I like this better. Although, I guess essentially it is the same. I think it is just a bit more loose and I like that. Maybe more intuitive. 
This time I decided to try spilling some thoughts I'd been having with my curriculum work and how I see big ideas connecting to some essential understandings and our "power standards" in visual art. Here is the link if you want to see it large and in charge. Just keep in mind it is a work in progress...I'd also love to hear if / how any of you are using Big Ideas in the art room. 



Intertext:
(Continued!)
I did my intertext on a portrait of Matisse we looked at as part of our investigation into the effects of color.
I created my intertext on Popplet here.
I could spend hours upon hours linking connections I see. In my mind this is infinite. I wonder if given this assignment, what connections my students would make. I wish time, space, and curiosity were endless so on top of the time we spend creating and producing we had time to do these investigations in class too!

No comments:

Post a Comment