Michelle Ridlen's MU Art Ed Blog

Michelle Ridlen's MU Art Ed Blog
Master's Student ~ Started Summer 2012, Anticipated Graduation December 2014 ~ Tiger for Life! M-I-Z...

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Prepwork for Footwork Ch. 8

Strengths:

  • K. Unrath, J. Switzer, S. Wood, S. Fowler
  • Various art teachers
  • NBCT portfolio writing I think will help, learning more and more about research as we go!
  • Dream result would be affecting change
  • More access to technology, increase in job satisfaction


Drawbacks:

  • Required to be "in common" so department can compare data
  • Two small children and husband, along with household chores (boo); Content leader responsibilities; oh and lesson plans too
  • I know just enough about research to open a book. Or at least I feel that way sometimes. I would like to know more about the official way to conduct research as applicable to education
  • What more should be taught to round out a curriculum that integrates visual culture? Is there more? Is that enough (or plenty)? What goes along with that? What comes next in advanced classes?
  • A whole lotta work for nothing. Being denied the iPad labs, or other resources in the future as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment