These prepwork assignments are getting harder as we go. Mostly because I'm not exactly sure what I really want to research yet. I know I want to do something with the idea of material vs. digital culture. but not exactly what yet. I see it tying into this iPad Fine Arts lab pilot project I have going at my school next year, but not how yet. I'm hoping that the next few class days will actually help with narrowing that focus. I feel like I am on a sabbatical so I can devote time to my educational spiritual journey, giving me devoted time to read and learn about these topics that I have been dying to know more about.
I guess when I think in terms of the iPad project, I'm hoping for an outcome of other schools being able to purchase iPad labs for the Fine Arts departments, or thinking really big, maybe starting a 1:1 initiative. Why buy every department one, when we could just expect students to have them? I would like to re-envision our curriculum to integrate more Big Idea thinking, visual literacy, the exploration of culture. I would like to maybe write an article for a journal outlining how to do combine both these things. But, boy, all of that in combination seems like a monumental task.
No comments:
Post a Comment